As you will have heard from the Prime Minister tonight, all areas outside of Auckland will move to Alert Level 2 as of 11:59pm tonight, until 11.59pm on Wednesday 16 February.
It is safe for students and staff to be at school at Alert level 2.
Our school has safe and sensible practices to maintain the health and safety of everyone on the school site.
A reminder about Alert Level 2 - All of New Zealand excluding Auckland region - Alert Level 2 applies from midnight tonight for 72 hours.
1. Early Learning Services are open to everyone, and all children may attend.
2. Learning will be onsite.
3. Face coverings are not required. Anyone who chooses to wear a face covering may do so.
4. Physical distancing of 1m between all adults involved in pick-up/drop off areas is encouraged.
5. Sick people must stay at home. Please seek medical advice if you have COVID-like symptoms and get tested if advised to do so.
6. Our contact tracing system will continue to be in place. This includes QR code posters at our entrances, on all learning spaces doors and a visitor register. We will also add sanitiser stations at entrances.
7. Fundamental public health measures continue to apply at every alert level:
• Physical distancing for adults (not touching and not breathing on each other at Alert Level 2)
• Hand hygiene
• Cough and sneeze etiquette
• Regularly cleaning and disinfecting high touch surfaces.
8. Some events may need to be cancelled or postponed when we are at Alert Level 2. For Island Bay School we will need to postpone our Whānau picnic on Tuesday evening.
9. Drop off and pick up: If you come onsite you must scan in using the QR code or sign in at the office. We will have adults on all the gates for drop offs and pickups.
We are very much looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow .